15 HEALTH BENEFITS OF WHOLE GRAINS
Including Whole Grains into our diet is considered to be a healthy choice unless one is gluten intolerant or suffers from any kind of Celiac disease.
Here are 15 health benefits of Whole Grains that make them Super-Foods.
- Fibre Rich: Whole grains are rich in fibre and makeup almost 70% of our daily requirement of fibres in one go. Whole grains include both soluble and insoluble fibres that affect our body in different manners.
- Digestive Benefits: Since Whole Grains are rich in fibre they help a lot in improving digestion. Lactic acid content in fibre assures intestinal good health.
- Cholesterol Safe: Whole Grains are rich in anti-oxidants that help curb the Bad Cholesterol. Whole Grains lower the risk of health-related ailments.
- Weight Loss Friendly: Whole grains help keep your weight in check. The nutrients in Whole Rains redistribute body fat and let you maintain and manage your diet.
- Anti-Binge Benefits: Whole Grains take a longer time to digest, and hence keep you full for a longer period of time, saving you from the guilt of binge eating.
- Controls Blood Pressure: Whole Grains not only lower the cholesterol levels but also help in controlling your blood pressure, thus being a heart-healthy supplement.
- Diabetic Friendly: The Low Glycemic Index of Whole Grains makes it diabetic friendly as they help to control the blood sugar levels.
- Bone Health: Whole grains such as Rajgira, Roasted Gram contain Calcium and are good for bone health.
- B Vitamins: Apart from providing fibre, whole grains such as Ragi, Buckwheat, and Barley constitute various vitamins making them the best atta for your health.
- Asthma Relief: Whole grain consumption helps a great deal in lowering risks of asthma.
- Mineral Rich: A variety of Whole Grains contain minerals like Magnesium, Zinc, and Iron among others, making them a healthy food supplement.
- Carbs For Good: Whole Grains contain good carbohydrates that are essential for our body.
- Vitamin C Supplement: Whole Grains like Amaranth grain is rich in Vitamin C, a rare grain supplement.
- Cancer Preventive: Some Whole Grains are rich in cancer-preventive antioxidants making them the best choice for you.
- Oral Health: High Calcium content and anti-inflammatory properties of Whole Grains assure good oral health.
Whole Grains are indeed an amazing choice. Flours made from such grains are indeed a great source of essential nutrients. Get the best of all the Whole Grains available here.