4 Super Flours for the Perfect Winter Meals
As winter is just around the corner, it is high time for you to change your diet plan. Otherwise, during winter you will get groggy and feel tired all the day. So, what can you switch to for better taste and survive winter without grogginess?
Well, don’t stress yourself, as Desi Atta Company has brought to you some very healthy and tasty flours. The best flours you can have during winters are Bajra Atta, Makki Atta, Jowar Atta and Punjabi Atta.
Confused what they are? Here is a short introduction to the flours which you can have this winter.
- Bajra Atta: Bajra Atta is generally made by grinding Bajra or Pearl Millet which is widely grown in India.
- Makki Atta: Corn is widely grown in India. It is basically cornmeal flour grounded from dried maize. This is very popular and very tasty.
- Jowar Atta: It is a staple food in western and southern India. It is gluten free flour and is a widely consumed flour in India.
- Punjabi Atta: As the name suggests, it is majorly produced in Punjab. It is a whole wheat flour that has several nutritional values.
Now, let’s see why they are important and what nutritional value they provide you to sustain in winter.
Also talked about are the list of recipes that you would love preparing with them. So, let’s dig in.
It has several health benefits like:
- It is rich in protein
- It provides high fiber
- It is the best protein supplement for vegetarians
- It is gluten free
- It is good for diabetes
- It is good for the heart
- Roti: Bajra Roti is the best and most tasty roti you can have during winter. Any side dish, like mirchi aloo or sabji goes well with it.
- Paratha: Paratha made from Bajra are usually very delicious. Not just that, you can also prepare filling paratha, like mooli (raddish) or Gobi (cauliflower).
- Vada: Bajra Vada is a tasty dish. You can make potato vada or any other vada from Bajra.
- Helps in losing weight
- Provides energy during winters
- Rich in essential nutrients
- Easily digestible
- Roti: Makki ki roti and sarson ka saag is the best combination during winter. It is very famous in North India.
- Mooli Paratha: You definitely have tried several mooli parathas with different flours. Now try having it with Makki Atta from Desi Atta Company. You will love it.
- Makki ke laddoos: Ditch your regular Besan ka Laddo with interesting Makki ki Laddo. It tastes heavenly.
- It improves digestion and fights constipation.
- It is instrumental in losing weight.
- It boosts the immune system of the body
- It controls the cholesterol level.
- It prevents cardiovascular system mechanism
- Dosa: Whole wheat Dosa is mainstream. Try out Jowar Atta Dosa, it is the most delicious thing. You will love the color of the Dosa, as well as the taste.
- Roti: Again, as mentioned earlier it helps in losing weight and increases the immunity, which helps in sustaining during winters.
- Halwa: Sooji Halwa is common. Try out Jowar Halwa; it is a filling recipe which you will love to have during winter.
- Good for bones
- Powerful antioxidant
- Diabetic friendly
- Good for brain
- Prevents anemia
- Good for skin and eyes
- Samosa: Whole wheat samosa is the tastiest samosa. You can make aloo filling and it will make a tasty snack.
- Roti: Although it is common, but hot rotis with any side dishes this winter is all you can ask for.
- Cookies: Make chocolate, butter cookies with Desi Atta Company’s Punjabi Atta. Your winter baking will become fun.
So, hope you enjoy the cold this winter, without getting groggy or lazy.