Little Extra Special
Modak made from Desi Atta Company Modak Atta.
- Flour – 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Modak Atta - 1 Cup
- Ghee - 1 Tsp
- Ghee – 1 Tsp
- Grated Coconut - 3/4th Cup
- Grated jaggery - 1/4th Cup
- Heat a nonstick pan. Add 3/4 cup freshly grated coconut, 1/4 cup grated jaggery, 1 tbsp ghee, 1/4 tsp cardamom powder & dry fruits. Mix well and cook this coconut-jaggery mixture on a low flame till the mixture thickens. Keep stirring to prevent burning. Sweet inner filling for Modak is ready.
- Add salt as per your taste to Modak Atta. Add 1 cup Modak Atta to 1 cup boiled water and knead to make soft, non-sticky dough using ghee. and flatten it with your fingers to a round disc or a shallow bowl shape, pinching its edges to make pleats. Use ghee/oil in your palms, while flattening. Put the filling in the center and join the edges.
- Keep the prepared Modak in a steamer pan. Cover the pan with a lid and steam for 10 to 15 minutes on a low flame. Switch off the flame and rest for a while. Modak is ready.