Although it comes from India, Suji Halwa is consumed in several parts of America and Europe under the name of ‘Semolina Pudding’. This delicacy is offered as prasad in a large number of Hindu rituals. Loved by people with a sweet tooth, Suji Halwa can be served as a healthy breakfast option or as a sumptuous dessert.
- 2-3 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup roasted suji
- 1/2 tbsp cardamom powder
- 3/4th cup of sugar
- 2 cup of water
- dry fruits - to garnish
- In a pan heat 2-3 tbsp of ghee and add 1 cup of Roasted Suji, 1/2 tbsp of cardamom powder, 3/4 cup of sugar and nuts.
- Mix them well and saute them on low flame for 2-3 min.
- Add 2 cups of boiled water to the mixture and stir well.
- Cover the pan and cook on medium flame for 2-3 min or till ghee starts leave the pan's side.Garnish the halwa/shira with some dry fruits and serve hot.
- Garnish the halwa/shira with some dry fruits and serve hot.