Bajra Atta Pizza Base
Taste With Health
Popular among health-freaks across the world, Bajra Atta Pizza Base is another version of a regular pizza base. It will help in making a fun meal that is healthy too. You can get creative with the toppings on this thin-crust base to make a truly original and nourishing pizza. Try this recipe the next time you’ve guests or for other special get-togethers and create delightful memories.
- 340gms bajra atta
- 85gms wheat flour
- 5gms yeast
- 5gms sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7.5ml olive oil
- 170ml water
- In 1/4 cup (85gm) warm water, add 1 tsp (5gm) sugar and 1 tsp (5gm) yeast set aside for 10mins. You will see the mixture frothing this ensures that your yeast is active. This test is only for active dry yeast if you are using instant yeast then skip this step and proceed to step 2.
- In a mixing bowl add the yeast solution and 1 ½ tsp (7.5gm) oil, ½ tsp (2.5gm) salt whisk it well. Then add ¼ cup (85gm) wheat flour and mix well. Add remaining 1/4 cup water.
- Mix well and knead it to form a smooth pliable dough. Keep it in a warm place undisturbed for 2 hrs. When you check after 2 hrs, the dough would have been raised. Now punch it down in case for any air bubbles. Divide the dough to make 2 small pizzas. Dust flour and roll the dough to a thin base and cut it out with a lid to get perfect circles. Grease a baking tray with little oil. Roll using a chapati roller to a thin base, dust flour when needed. Preheat the oven to 1500C for 10 mins.
- Prick the base with a fork for even cooking and to avoid puffing up. Look at the thickness of the base. Transfer the rolled pizza base to the baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven at 1500C for 7-9 mins.
- The base will leave the sides and it will start moving easily in the tray, that’s the correct stage do not over bake. Cool down completely and store in zip lock cover and keep it refrigerated.
- When you want to make pizzas, bring the base to room temperature and proceed to make the pizza.