Corn Flour Custard
Custard originated in Europe in the Middle Ages and is currently consumed as a dessert or dessert sauce all over the world. However, many in India can’t taste this sweet dessert as it contains eggs. For them, this eggless Vanilla-flavoured Cornflour Custard recipe is perfect and will help in creating plenty of sweet, sweet memories.
- 340 gms milk
- 80 gms sugar
- 15 gms corn flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- In a vessel stir in 1 cup milk, 1 Tbsp corn flour and 1⁄2 tsp vanilla essence (or any other
essence). Make sure the corn flour has dissolved completely.
- Transfer this mixture to a saucepan put the gas on. Turn the heat to high and bring
the mixture to a boil while stirring continuously.
- Once the custard mixture comes to a boil, turn the heat to low. Add 1⁄4 cup sugar to
the mixture. Keep whisking it until the mixture thickens. Make sure you keep stirring
continuously so no lumps form.
- Once the milk mixture has thickened, continue to stir for few more minutes and turn
off the heat. The vanilla custard is ready. (If you want to make pudding cook for
some more time till mixture thickens)
- Transfer the custard to a bowl and serve as desired, on top of puddings, fruits etc.