Chana Sattu Sherbet
Summer's Soul Cooler
Sattu Sherbet, the supercooling drink from Bihar, has recently become a craze across India. Sattu has often been called a superfood by food bloggers for its energy-giving ability. It is good for pregnant women, senior citizens and growing children. Make this drink on a hot summer afternoon to beat the heat in the coolest way possible.
- 750 ml Chilled Water
- 4 Tablespoon Sattu Powder
- ½ Tsp Black Salt Or Add As Required
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 3 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tsp Chopped Mint Leaves
- In a mug, add 4 tablespoons of Sattu. Add ½ tsp roasted cumin powder and add 3 Tsp of lemon juice.
- Add ½ tsp black salt, and pour 750 ml chilled water. With a spoon, stir and mix well. Break small lumps with the spoon, if any.
- Lastly, add 2 tsp each of chopped mint and coriander leaves. Pour in glass, keep it in the refrigerator, and serve cold.