Ragi, Anjeer and Oats Barfi
Made throughout India, Barfi is one of the most popular offerings during Indian Festivals. Our Ragi, Anjeer and Oats Barfi recipe is a healthier and easier-to-make version of the popular sweet. This Barfi is healthy to eat and is loved by kids. Perfect for an afternoon snack or a dinner-time dessert.
- Desi Atta Company Ragi Aata: 150 Gms
- Oats: 75 Gms
- Dried Figs (Pre-soaked): 40 Gms
- Khoya: 120 Gms
- Cardamom Powder: 7 Gms
- Almonds (Slivered): 40 Gms
- Walnuts (Chopped): 30 Gms
- Sugar: 180 Gms
- Desi Ghee: 120 Gms
- Take rolled oats in a pan and dry roast it. Then add Desi Atta Company’s Ragi Aata and roast on low heat till it starts to impart roasted aroma.
- Once roasted keep it aside. Take another pan and add ghee.
- Once the ghee is slightly warm then add chopped soaked figs and sauté well.
- Before figs start to caramelize, add the roasted flour and oats mixture along with sugar and keep stirring until sugar melts.
- At this stage add khoya and cook for a short while.
- Set the burfee mixture in a tray and top it with dried fruits.
- Allow it to cool and then cut into squares before service.