Rajgira is one such flour which is also known as the powerhouse of nutrients. It is very beneficial for the maintenance of energy and has a number of healthy substances like calcium and magnesium. It is the only grain which can provide Vitamin C and has double the amount of Calcium than that of milk. It also has Vitamin A and B which fight from various diseases. It has amino acids which makes it the perfect food for fasting as it can keep one satiated. The magnesium in it helps in proper circulation of blood and is also beneficial for severe diseases like Migraine. It also contains unsaturated fatty acids and soluble fibres which are very low on cholesterol and also keep a check on diabetes. Being power packed with so many health benefits, Rajgira is used in making many tasty dishes.
- Rajgira flour- 1 cup
- Potatoes- 2 medium (Grated)
- Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves- 2 tablespoons (finely chopped)
- Ginger-green chilli paste- 3 teaspoons
- Peanuts- 1½ teaspoons (roasted and crushed)
- Rock salt (sendha namak)- As per the requirement
- Ghee (for frying the Thalipeeth)
- Take the grated potatoes in a bowl and make sure they have been chopped very fine. Add Rajgira flour, cumin seeds, ginger, and green chilli paste, coriander leaves, rock salt as much as required and peanuts to the potatoes and mix them well.
- After the mixture is prepared, add water to it and start pressing it into a dough.
- Once the dough is prepared, divide it into eight equal parts. If the parts are small, more number of divisions can be made. Take one part of the dough and spread it into a round by patting it between the palms. Apply some oil on your palms before taking the dough in hand or else, it might be sticky. The round structure thus obtained is known as the Thalipeeth.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat some ghee in it. Keep the flame on medium and start frying the Thalipeeth shallowly, tossing and turning them on sides until they turn completely golden brown. Make sure they are crisp from both the sides and then take it down. Repeat the whole procedure for the rest of the portions of the dough and get the fried Rajgira Thalipeeth ready.
- Once prepared, serve it hot with any vegetable or pickle. It can also be served well with chutney.